Bed Bug Extermination is a service where cheap is never better. Cheap bed bug extermination, in fact, usually ends up being quite expensive. Bed bugs can come back and another treatment is needed. And another. And another.
Buying “cheap” is just one way to make a mistake when hiring a bed bug exterminator. General pest control companies that do part-time bed bug control can be costly, but you are hiring expertise. They should be able to get rid of bedbugs – all the bedbugs – right? Sadly, part-time pest control companies don’t know bed bugs well enough to fix the problem. Part-time bed bug experts haven’t seen enough. They won’t know how to solve many types of bed bug problems.
Professional Bed Bug Extermination Experts fight bed bugs all day, every day. They are the best option a homeowner has in the fight to get rid of bed bugs. They’ve seen it all. They know how to get rid of bed bugs even in difficult infestations. They’ll probably end up being less costly, too – they’ll kill all of the bed bugs in fewer treatments (sometimes even a single treatment) and stop the problem for good.
When hiring a bed bug extermination company look for:
- Testimonials & Reviews: Check out the Google, Facebook, and Yelp profiles (or Angie’s List if you’re able). Read good reviews AND bad reviews – they tell you a lot about a company’s bed bug extermination history and success rate.
- Inspection Options: A true bed bug professional will offer a variety of ways to not only detect IF you have bed bugs, but where they are hiding.
- Treatment Options: Many pest control companies only have one or two bed bug treatment options. A Professional Bed Bug Expert will have 4 or more.
- Treatment Guarantee: Professional Bed Bug Exterminators know the chances of bed bugs coming back is slim so they’re proud to offer treatment guarantees to customers.
- License & Insurance: Finding bed bug exterminators that are licensed & insured is a simple way to make sure a company isn’t fly-by-night. Equally, you should only ever hire licensed & insured contractors to work in your home.
- Professional Affiliations: Every pest control company should be a member of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), and they should belong to their state’s Pest Control Association. When hiring bed bug exterminators in particular, you want to find a company who does business with other organizations like Thermal Remediation, International Association of Canine Pest Inspectors, or the National Entomology Scent Detection Canine Association.